National Geographic Arkansas River: Salida to Cañon City Fishing and River Recreation Map Guide
Showing every turn and rapid, the National Geographic Arkansas River: Salida to Canon City Fishing and River recreation map guide is the ideal resource for enjoying the Arkansas River in Colorado.
- From Salida to Canon City, Colo., the Arkansas River cuts east through a series of high desert canyons collectively known as Bighorn Sheep Canyon and the Royal Gorge
- Along the way, it covers 56 river miles and drops 1,700 ft. in elevation; canyons confine the river from Salida to Howard, Coaldale to Lone Pine, and Texas Creek to Parkdale
- Between these, the terrain opens up, with the river typically becoming broader and the current velocity less
- The final stretch, the Royal Gorge, is a Class IV+ chasm that is only accessible by boat and is not known for its fishing
- National Geographic Fishing and River map guides include detailed river maps with a scale of 1 in. = 1/2 mile to clearly show every rapid and turn in the river
- Each page is centered on the river and overlaps with the adjacent pages so finding any location along the river is easy
- The maps include rapids, river miles, private and public lands, gaging stations, recreation sites, stream flow charts, hatch charts and a table of river access points
- Full UTM grid is printed on the map to aid with GPS navigation
- Printed on "Backcountry Tough" waterproof, tear-resistant paper with stainless-steel staples
Made in USA.View all National Geographic Colorado Maps
State / Province
9.38 x 4.25 inches
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...