Mountaineers Books 1001 Climbing Tips
Before you make your ascent up the wall, be sure to have all the insight provided by 1001 Climbing Tips. It's filled with expert knowledge on the basics, as well as crucial tips for serious climbers.
- This instructional book is based on the author Andy Kirkpatrick's 3 decades of climbing
- The book is sectioned into 8 categories: the basics, safety measures, big wall climbing, ice climbing, mixed terrain climbing, mountain climbing, training and miscellaneous
- Basic tips 1–240 cover how best to rope up and the importance of climbing with a partner, to staging gear correctly and how to sleep in a harness
- Safety tips 241–327 cover loose rock, rescue, dealing with heat and what to do if you get caught in a storm
- Big wall tips 328–434 cover multi-pitch climbing for beginners and experts alike, featuring advanced topics such as pegging, jumaring, hauling and speed climbing
- Ice tips 435–481 cover all aspects of ice climbing, including movement, protection, looking after your gear, mental strength and how to hang on
- Mixed terrain tips 482–503 focus on essential tips to leading, gear and footwork on mixed ground, as well as how to use your tools on snow-covered rock
- Mountain tips 504–802 cover living and staying alive high in the mountains
- Training tips 803–876 cover a range of subjects, including how to overcome fear and improve strength and endurance, as well as diet and nutrition advice.
- Stuff tips 877–1001 cover a mix of how-to information, including what books to read, how to make your own kit, get sponsored, take great photos and videos, and more
Made in USA.View all Mountaineers Books Climbing Instructional Books
9.75 x 7.5 inches
Number of Pages
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...