Mammut Smart HMS Locking Carabiner with Safety Gate
The Mammut Smart HMS Locking Carabiner with safety gate stays properly oriented on your harness while you belay your partner indoors at the climbing gym or outdoors at the sport climbing crag.
- HMS carabiner with safety gate is made for belaying and rappelling, especially with assisted-braking belay devices
- Safety Gate prevents closing the gate unless screwlock is locked, and prevents the gate from unscrewing during use
- Safety Gate also keeps the carabiner properly oriented on the belay loop on your harness to prevent cross-loading, which greatly reduces the strength of the carabiner
- Twist-lock gate can only be operated when the Safety Gate is open, preventing the accidental opening of the carabiner gate
- Keylock nose won't snag on pro, ropes or slings, making the carabiner simple to clip
- Works well with the Mammut Smart 2.0 assisted braking device for those seeking additional security (sold separately)
Imported.View all Mammut Carabiners
Gate Open Clearance
Strength Major Axis Closed
Strength Major Axis Open
Strength Minor Axis
127 x 77 millimeters
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...