Salsa Powderkeg Tandem 29er Bike - 2017
This product is not available.Shop similar products
Feeling truly adventurous? Hit the open road or try some twisty singletrack with a friend on the Salsa Powderkeg Tandem 29er bike and gain new appreciation for cooperation, communication and teamwork.
- Cobra Kai chromoly tubeset and Powderkeg fork with generous tire clearance
- Easy, versatile and slip-free Alternator dropout
- Specs and images are subject to change
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
|Mountain Bike Style|
Truvativ FC Firex TD 38t front; Truvativ Firex TD, 44/33/22t rear
Shimano SLX HDM
Shimano SLX Shadow Plus
Shimano SLX , 10-speed, 11-36t
|Number of Gears|
Mechanical Disc Brake
NoTubes Flow, 32h
Schwalbe Nobby Nic 29x 2.5" Performance, folding
Salsa Guide front, Zoom Adjustable Tandem rear
Zoom SP-218 front, Cane Creek Thudbuster ST rear
WTB Pure V Comp
Cane Creek ZS44
42 lbs. 2 oz.
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
|Height Range||Rear: 5'8"-6'0"; front: 5'11"-6'3"||Rear: 5'5"-5'9"; front: 5'11"-6'3"||Rear: 5'5"-5'9"; front: 5'8"-6'0"|
|Effective Top Tube||24.4/30.3||24.4/29.13||23.6/29.13|
|Seat Tube Center-Top||20/18||16/20||16/18|
|Head Tube Length||4.33||4.33||3.94|
|Head Tube Angle (degrees)||70||70||70|
|Seat Tube Angle (degrees)||73/73||73/73||73/73|
Measurements are stated in inches unless otherwise indicated.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.