Salsa Powderkeg Tandem 29er Bike - 2017
This product is not available.Shop similar products
Feeling truly adventurous? Hit the open road or try some twisty singletrack with a friend on the Salsa Powderkeg Tandem 29er bike and gain new appreciation for cooperation, communication and teamwork.
- Cobra Kai chromoly tubeset and Powderkeg fork with generous tire clearance
- Easy, versatile and slip-free Alternator dropout
- Specs and images are subject to change
Imported.This bike comes with Coast to Coast Support, which includes:View all Salsa Rigid Mountain Bikes
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Mountain Bike Style
Bike Frame Material
Truvativ FC Firex TD 38t front; Truvativ Firex TD, 44/33/22t rear
Shimano SLX HDM
Shimano SLX Shadow Plus
Shimano SLX , 10-speed, 11-36t
Number of Gears
Mechanical Disc Brake
NoTubes Flow, 32h
Schwalbe Nobby Nic 29x 2.5" Performance, folding
Salsa Guide front, Zoom Adjustable Tandem rear
Zoom SP-218 front, Cane Creek Thudbuster ST rear
WTB Pure V Comp
Cane Creek ZS44
42 lbs. 2 oz.
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
M/L S/L S/M Height Range Rear: 5'8"-6'0"; front: 5'11"-6'3" Rear: 5'5"-5'9"; front: 5'11"-6'3" Rear: 5'5"-5'9"; front: 5'8"-6'0" Reach 17.04 17.04 16.37 Stack 24.10 24.10 23.73 Effective Top Tube 24.4/30.3 24.4/29.13 23.6/29.13 Seat Tube Center-Top 20/18 16/20 16/18 Standover Height 28.08/31.31 26.41/31.31 26.00/29.85 Head Tube Length 4.33 4.33 3.94 Head Tube Angle (degrees) 70 70 70 Seat Tube Angle (degrees) 73/73 73/73 73/73 Wheelbase 74.7-75.4 73.5-74.2 72.7-73.4 Chainstay 17.7-18.4 17.7-18.4 17.7-18.4 Fork Offset 1.77 1.77 1.77
Measurements are stated in inches unless otherwise indicated.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...