cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

What is REI's return policy on hiking boots worn once?

REI, is it possible to exchange hiking boots after worn once, due to ankle irritation (hurting my ankle)?  I just bought new Hoka hiking boots (Sky Toa GTX) after loving my current Hoka's.  Current Hoka's were low rise ankle hiking shoes (but getting old) and I bought the new Hoka over ankle thinking that it may give more foot support for longer/rocker hikes.  But they hit the ankle in just the wrong spot.  I would like to go back to a low rise version of something similar.  Is it possible to exchange after such a wearing?

Thank you, Gil

0 Likes
1 Reply

@Hurricanegil we're so sorry to hear that the over-ankle Hokas aren't working as well for you as your low-rise shoes. The quick answer is yes - per our return policy, you can return the boots even if you've worn them once, assuming it hasn't been longer than a year since you purchased them. We hope this helps, and that you're able to find a different boot that works better! 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes