DeLorme inReach Explorer Satellite Messenger Video
A global communicator with built-in navigation, waypoints and routing, the DeLorme inReach Explorer lets you send/receive text messages, trigger interactive SOS and plan, track and share your journey.
- You can do all of this from one rugged handheld device with 100% global coverage from Iridium
- 100% global Iridium satellite coverage
- Create waypoints, log your trip, find your way back, send/receive text messages or trigger an interactive SOS
- Pair it with your mobile device (Apple iOS, Android, or Kindle Fire via Bluetooth) and free Earthmate app to access topographic maps and U.S. NOAA charts
- Create or view a route, drop waypoints, see your detailed GPS tracks, and navigate with the on-screen map view; view route details such as distance and bearing to destination
- Plan your route online ahead of time and share it with family and friends to follow along and watch your progress
- Adjustable tracking intervals from 10 min. to 4 hrs. allow you to track your trip and share your location, including GPS coordinates, course elevation and speed
- Equipped with a digital compass, barometric altimeter, accelerometer and odometer; display trip time, max speed, moving average and trip distance while in the field
- Color screen and virtual keyboard with predictive text for standalone 2-way messaging
- Contract-free month-to-month plans or annual subscriptions available
- Waterproof/dustproof (IP67, standard submersion to 1m for 30 min.); impact-resistant (Mil-STD-810G for shock)
- 100 hrs. of battery life in 10-minute tracking mode with a clear view to the sky
- The DeLorme inReach Explorer comes with a wall charging adapter and USB cord for easy charging
Made in USA.
SOS messages are received by GEOS, a worldwide emergency response coordination center with 24/7/365 staffing. Enterprise plans also available for customers looking to enable tracking intervals of 5, 2, 1 minute, and 30 seconds. Contact DeLorme directly for Enterprise plans.
|Location Accuracy||5 meters|
|Water-Resistant Depth||IP67; standard submersion to 1 meter for 30 minutes|
|Material(s)||Injection-molded housing/liquid crystal display|
|Dimensions||4.5 x 2.46 x 1.04 inches|
|Certification||Approved by FCC; CE, IC, ITU|