- Authors: Bob D'Antonio, Maryann Gaug, Stewart Green, Linda B. Mullally and Tracy Salcedo-Chourre; edited by Meredith Dias
- Softcover; 269 pages; color photographs and maps
- Morris Book Publishing LLC; copyright 2012
- Hikes are accessible from the Denver metro area and across the state
- Detailed lists outline what to bring to keep your pooch happy, healthy and hydrated on the trail
- Includes tips on how to train your dog before the hike, as well as essential dog safety and preventative care information
- Selection chart compares trails by leash regulations, difficutly level (easy/moderate and difficult/strenuous), and distance (less than 5 mi., 5 - 10 mi. and more than 10 mi.)
- Best Dog Hikes: Colorado measures 9 x 6 in.
Made in USA.
Best Dog Hikes: Colorado reveals more than 50 of the best dog-friendly hiking trails in Colorado. Includes color maps and photographs, helpful tips and sidebars, and detailed information about leash requirements. Rounding out this essential guide are helpful tips about how to pack for a hike with your dog, and how to prepare your dog before you hit the trail.