- Authors: Bill and Mary Burnham
- Softcover; 351 pages; color photographs and maps
- The Globe Pequot Press; copyright 2013
- Hiking Virginia includes accurate trail information, detailed maps and clear directions from major access points, as well as optional side trips and overnight hikes
- Each hike includes difficulty ratings, trail contacts, fees and permit information and best seasons to hike
- A special section details the section of the Appalachian Trail that runs through Virginia
- Hiking Virginia measures 9 x 6 in.
Made in USA.
Lace up your boots and choose from more that 50 of the best hiking trails in the Old Dominion.
Hiking Virginia features memorable routes for hikers of every stripe, from an easy 3 mi. outing in Shenandoah National Park to a 31 mi. overnight trek near the Virginia-Kentucky border. Outdoor explorers and writers Bill and Mary Burnham cover every region of the state, taking you to such scenic hiking destinations as the nature preserves in Northern Virginia and the incomparable Appalachian Trail.
Hiking Virginia is packed with information on plants, tress, and geology as well as local attractions, lodging and eateries for the weary hiker.