- Powerful 5-watt transmitter sends a 406MHz signal to COSPAS-SARSAT satellites to pinpoint your location anywhere on the Earth's surface—no subscription required
- Built-in 50-channel GPS with ceramic patch antenna includes your coordinates in the emergency satellite transmission to identify your exact position
- Signal identifies your unique PLB and gives Search and Rescue the PLB owner's data and family contacts (requires free registration with NOAA or other national authorities)
- Simultaneously transmits a local, 121.5MHz homing signal to help rescuers speed up the response time once they approach your location
- Once activated, the Fast Find 220 signals will continue to transmit for at least 24 hrs.
- Simple 3-stage activation: pull antenna cover off, unwrap antenna until it stands vertical and press the "ON" button (antenna cover must be replaced by manufacturer after use)
- Indicator light flashes twice per second when the PLB is searching for a GPS position fix and once per 3 seconds when a GPS fix has been acquired
- A long flash followed by 3 rapid flashes every 50 seconds indicates that the PLB has transmitted a distress signal along with your current GPS coordinates
- FastFind 220 does not have an exposed "ON" button; along with a breakaway panel over the antenna, this helps prevent the unit from accidentally activating
- First emergency alert transmission occurs 50 seconds after activation, allowing time for the unit to be switched off before the alert is sent
- LED signal light can be manually activated and blinks an SOS pattern to help searchers locate you visually during a nighttime rescue
- Sealed construction allows FastFind 220 to be immersed to 10m (33 ft.) for up to 5 minutes; included buoyancy pouch offers flotation (PLB does not float without the pouch)
- Operates in altitudes up to 40,000 ft. and in temperatures ranging from -4° to 131°F (-20° to 55°C)
- PLB can be stored in temperatures ranging from -22° to 158°F (-30° to 70°C)
- Integral battery has a storage life of 6 years (battery must be replaced by the manufacturer)
- McMurdo Fast Find 220 PLB meets the rigorous testing standards of COSPAS-SARSAT, FCC, NOAA and the U.S. Air Force Rescue Coordination Center
This Personal Locator Beacon should only be used in situations of grave and imminent danger, and only as a last resort when all means of self-rescue have been exhausted.
This personal locator beacon has been pre-programmed with the US country code. If your country of residence is outside the Unites States, you will need to have the beacon reprogrammed by a local dealer or service center, which may involve additional cost.
Registration of the PLB with the relevant national authority is mandatory. For further information applicable to your region, please refer to the information on the registration form provided. Some national authorities provide the registered user with a label which must be fitted to the rear of the PLB as proof of registration.
|GPS/Satellite Detectable||Onboard GPS/Yes|
|Location Accuracy||3 meters|
|Water-Resistant Depth||10 meters|
|Dimensions||4.17 x 1.85 x 1.34 inches|
|Certification||Approved by FCC; COSPAS-SARSAT; R&TTE|