- Author: Ted Villaire
- Softcover; 294 pages; black-and-white photographs and maps
- Menasha Ridge Press; copyright 2012
- 60 hikes within 60 Miles: Chicago includes hikes in Wisconsin and northwest Indiana
- Choose among short and long hikes, hikes for children, dogs, birding, wildflowers, waterfalls, historic hikes and scenic hikes
- Key information sidebar displays length, trail surface, hiking time, season, access, maps, facilities and special comments
- Trail descriptions allow you to assess each trail before you hike it
- GPS-based trail maps provide you with accurate trail information
- Trail profiles help you visualize altitude gain and loss
- Written directions lead you to the trailheads
- Also features a list of recommended outdoor shops, map vendors and hiking clubs
- Measures 9 x 6 in.
Made in USA.
Using clear and entertaining narrative,
60 hikes within 60 Miles: Chicago introduce newcomers and lifelong residents alike to a surprising array of the best day hikes within a 60 mi. radius of the Windy City.
Choose hike such as those at Goose Lake Prairie State Natural Area, where you can swim through a sea of brilliant prairie grass, the largest tract of tallgrass prairie in Illinois, or enjoy stunning views of the downtown skyline as you trek along the Chicago Lakeshore Path. Challenge yourself on the hilly terrain of Geneva Lake's North Shore, all the while enjoying historic mansions and quaint villages along this 10 mi. path. Or head to Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, at the southern tip of Lake Michigan, and hike the sandy beaches, take in panoramic view form the towering dunes, and learn about Indiana�s early settlers as you tour fascinating frontier homesteads.