- Author: Ted Villaire
- Softcover; 261 pages; color maps and photographs
- Morris Book Publishing, LLC; copyright 2012
- Guide leads you on 34 rides with precise directions, route maps, safety tips, and information regarding levels of difficulty, mileage and available food and facilities
- Sections include: Chicago and its Environs; South Chicagoland, Indiana and Michigan; West Chicagoland to the Fox River and Beyond; and North Chicagoland and Wisconsin
- Best Bike Rides: Chicago also describes points of interest along each ride
Made in USA.
Written for cyclists of all stripes,
Best Bike Rides: Chicago presents a diverse array of scenic tours in and around one of America�s prime urban destinations, from easy excursions for the Sunday cyclist to challenging treks for the veteran. Author and cyclist Ted Villaire describes 34 rides in and around the Windy City.
This guide indeed has plenty to choose from. Chicago and its environs offer gentle terrain, the lakeshore, an abundance of bike paths, and unique neighborhoods and communities to explore. Farther out, whether you�re in the collar counties, Indiana, Michigan, or Wisconsin, you�ll find scores of parks with rivers, lakes, woodlands, wetlands and restored prairie, not to mention quiet farm roads, charming towns, and unforgettable restaurants and shops.