- Author: Kim Foley MacKinnon
- Softcover; 257 pages; black-and-white photographs and maps
- Appalachian Mount Club Books; copyright 2012
- Outdoors with Kids: Boston also features trips to the north, south and west of Boston, inside I-95, Cape Cod and in central, southern and western Massachusetts
- Includes an at-a-glance trip planner for 100 destinations, detailed maps, GPS coordinates, trip planning and safety tips, activity icons, fun ideas and educational essays
Made in USA.
With parks and reservations, islands and woods, beaches and sanctuaries, the Boston area is the perfect place to get the entire family outside and active close to home. This new, information-packed guide from the outdoors experts at the Appalachian Mountain Club focuses on 100 close-to-home outdoor experiences in and around the city. With tips and tricks, safety and planning information, and educational activity ideas, Outdoors with Kids: Boston is the perfect resource for busy parents, particularly those looking to get started in enjoying the outdoors. There�s even a �Plan B� for each destination, in case finicky weather or restless kids put original plans on hold.