Mountaineers Books Best Hikes With Dogs: Western Washington - 2nd Edition
A must for every trail hound, the updated and expanded Best Hikes With Dogs: Western Washington features 85 of the region's most canine-compatible routes.
- Author: Dan Nelson
- Softcover; 302 pages; black-and-white photographs and maps
- The Mountaineers Books; copyright 2010
- 2nd edition includes 17 all-new hikes including Louis Lake in the North Cascades and Bird Mountain in the Indian Heaven Wilderness
- Trails were carefully selected for their scenic value, remoteness and safety for dogs
- Hikes range from easy strolls to routes that require dogged determination, such as the 33-mile trek to Remmel Lake
- Lists the 10 canine essentials and gives pointers for sharing the trail with others and for having minimum impact on the land
- Includes elevation profiles and an at-a-glance comparison of the difficulty level, best season to go, and scenic highlights of every hike
- Covers first-aid for canines, from torn dewclaws to injured paws, and provides information for avoiding bear and cougar encounters
Made in USA.View the Mountaineers Books Best Hikes with Dogs Product Line View all Mountaineers Books Washington and Oregon Hiking Guidebooks
State / Province
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...