- Author: Philip Jones
- Softcover; 235 pages; black-and-white photos; maps
- The Mountaineers Books; copyright 1997
- This edition opens up miles of scenic paddling for the beginner and challenges the advanced boater to stretch skills and equipment on big water routes
- Most trips can be paddled in less than a day, with the option to combine some trips into multi-day adventures
- Areas include the Willamette River and its tributaries, the Cascades, the Columbia Gorge, SW Washington, the Columbia River and the coast
- Helpful tips on selecting canoes and kayaks, paddling techniques, boat transportation, car shuttles and more
Made in USA.