ACR Electronics Microfix 406 Personal Locator Beacon with GPS
This product is not available.Shop similar products
The small, light ACR Electronics Microfix 406 Personal Locator Beacon with GPS can be easily stored in a pack or a pocket.
- Smaller and lighter than the Terrafix, this PLB is designed for fast and easy deployment in a range of uses and conditions
- Includes GPS coordinates in the emergency satellite transmission via the onboard, internal GPS for greater position accuracy
- The 406 MHz transmission of the activated PLB sends a personalized, coded signal that uniquely identifies your beacon
- Personalized signal tells Search and Rescue (SAR): who you are, where you are and that you are in a life-threatening situation
- The COSPAS-SARSAT satellites that receive the PLB signal encircle the globe, allowing you to signal for help from anywhere on the planet
- Signal is matched to the beacon-owner's data, providing rescuers with the user's name, address and contact phone number
- Owner's data may also provide other important information such as any medical condition that rescuers may need to be aware of
- Made to meet the rigorous testing standards of COSPAS-SARSAT, FCC, NOAA and the U.S. Air Force Rescue Coordination Center
- Once within the 1-mile search radius, the PLB also transmits a homing signal, allowing SAR to pinpoint the PLB's exact location
- ACR Electronics Microfix is covered by a 5-year warranty; operates on 2 lithium batteries with 5-year shelf lives before initial use
- Batteries will operate 24 hours once activated
- Comes standard with a sturdy plastic holster to attach the PLB to backpack webbing, PFDs, belts and climbing harnesses
- Case and instruction label are oil-, water- and UV- resistant, with non-corroding metal components
- Internal power source is designed to work when all else has failed
Made in USA.This Personal Locator Beacon should only be used in situations of grave and imminent danger, and only as a last resort when all means of self-rescue have been exhausted.View all ACR Electronics Personal Locator BeaconsCOSPAS-SARSAT is an international satellite system that provides distress alert and location data to assist Search and Rescue operations. It detects and locates the signals of beacons operating on 406 Megahertz (MHz). The position of the distress and other related information is forwarded to the appropriate Search and Rescue point of contact through the COSPAS-SARSAT mission control center network. The goal of the system is to support all organizations in the world with responsibility for SAR operations, whether at sea, in the air or on land. The COSPAS-SARSAT system provides distress alert and location data to rescue coordination centers for 406 MHz beacons activated anywhere in the world.
5.85 x 2.21 x 1.4 inches
Approved by FCC; COSPAS-SARSAT; R&TTE
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...