Menasha Ridge Press Five-Star Trails: Knoxville - 2nd Edition
Lace up, grab your pack and hit the trail! Explore 40 of The Marble City's best hikes with Five-Star Trails: Knoxville as your guide, which features options for all levels and interests.
- Inside you'll find descriptions of 40 five-star hiking trails for all levels and interests
- Hikes in this guide are divided into 5 distinct areas, helping you explore hilly woodlands, expansive lakes, meandering rivers, breathtaking waterfalls and panoramic overlooks
- Find your way with full-color GPS-based trail maps, elevation profiles and detailed directions to trailheads
- Guide offers insight into the history, flora and fauna of the routes
- Includes ratings for scenery, difficulty, trail condition, solitude and accessibility for children
Made in USA.
Discover the Best Hikes in Knoxville, Tennessee, a perfectly situated hiker's paradise. The master chain of the Appalachian Range—the Great Smoky Mountains—rises within sight to the east. Protected as Great Smoky Mountains National Park, this area offers more than 900 miles of hiking trails amid rushing streams, rugged ridges, huge trees, colorful wildflowers, and abundant wildlife. To the west, the Cumberland Plateau features distinctly different terrain. Water-carved gorges slice through this elevated table of land, exposing rock walls and creating rock houses, sheer bluffs, and other remarkable geological formations. North of Knoxville, the ridge-and-valley country blends elements of the plateau and the high ranges. Explore 40 of Knoxville's best, five-star trails with the guidance of acclaimed author and hiking expert Johnny Molloy. With hikes in this guide divided into five distinct areas, you'll wind through hilly woodlands, around expansive lakes, and along meandering rivers. You'll visit breathtaking waterfalls and find panoramic overlooks.
|State / Province
8.5 x 5.4 inches
Menasha Ridge Press
|Number of Pages