Mountaineers Books Hiking the Oregon Coast Trail
Breaking the trail into 5 major sections, each with an elevation profile, Hiking the Oregon Coast Trail synthesizes everything hikers need to know to plan and enjoy a successful adventure.
- From vast beaches and lush forests to windswept bluffs and dramatic sea stacks, the stunning wild coast of Oregon offers a great long-distance hiking experience
- Guide includes 200-plus miles of publicly accessible beaches, as well as established trails through city, county, and state parks and national forest lands
- Provides detailed descriptions of 34 route legs with mileage, maps, resupply options, itineraries, hazards, camping or lodging options, and more
- Introductory chapters advise on when to start, what to bring and what to expect, while sidebars throughout share trail history, flora, fauna and worthy side trips
- The OCT offers singular experience with challenges including navigating coastal tides, weather and river mouth crossings, as well as, in some areas, finding campsites
Imported.View all Mountaineers Books Washington and Oregon Hiking Guidebooks
State / Province
7.5 x 5.5 inches
Number of Pages
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...