Electra Townie Go! 8D EQ Step-Over Electric Bike
Make everyday rides a blast with the pedal-assist Electra Townie Go! 8D EQ Step-Over electric bike. It combines the power of a Bosch motor with comfort, style and ease of use.
- 250 W Bosch Active Line Gen 3 motor reaches a top assisted speed of 20 mph
- Bosch Purion display tracks your ride statistics and makes changing between assist modes a breeze
- Pedal assist takes you 20–70 mi., with 4 levels of support from Eco to Turbo
- Charging is quick and easy with the PowerPack 400 battery and 2 amp charger
- Patented Flat Foot Technology® ensures a relaxed, efficient pedaling position and lets you easily place both feet flat on the ground when you come to a stop
- Front and rear LED lighting provides visibility in low-light conditions
- Shimano shifter and rear derailleur provide smooth transitions through all 8 gears
- 26 x 2.35 in. balloon tires offer a smooth, stable ride over a variety of surfaces
- Mechanical disc brakes provide smooth and powerful stopping
- Equipped with color-matched fenders to keep you clean
- Custom Townie saddle and grips provide added comfort
- Customize your ride with a rear rack, basket or bell (not included)
- Specs and images are subject to change
Imported.This e-bike comes with Coast to Coast Support, which includes:View the Electra Townie Product LineView all Electra Electric City Bikes
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- An additional year of free adjustments (2 total years; see below)
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All electric bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for the defined period (one year after purchase date for non-members, or two years for REI Co-op Members)—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation, chain lubrication and e-bike firmware updates. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Class 1: pedal assist up to 20 mph
Bosch Active Line 250W
Motor Torque (Nm)
40 Newton meters
Battery Capacity (Wh)
400 watt hours
Charge Time (hrs)
Pedal Assist Range
Hi-tensile steel unicrown, straight/tapered leg
Forged alloy 170 mm, Bosch Type, 38T FSA chainring
Shimano Acera Rapid Fire Plus
SRAM PG-820 11-32T, 8-speed
Number of Gears
Mechanical Disc Brake
Tektro mechanical disc brakes
Anodized alloy 26 in., 36H
Alloy low-flange with 6-bolt disc, 36H
Alloy low-flange with 6-bolt disc, 36H
26 x 2.35 in. balloon
Alloy custom bend (width: 25.9 in.; rise: 4 in.)
Forged alloy 25.4 mm quill, 80 mm extension
Alloy straight post 27.2 x 400 mm
Ergonomic with shock-absorbing elastomers
Resin platform with nonslip rubber tread
1-1/8 in. steel threaded/semi-integrated
KMC X8.99 nickel-plated
49 lbs. 8 oz.
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
One Size Height Range 5'3" - 6'3" Reach 32.3 Stack 59.7 Seat Tube Center-Top 50.5 Standover Height 50.5 Head Tube Length 21.7 Head Tube Angle (degrees) 69.0 Seat Tube Angle (degrees) 67.0 Wheelbase 119.5
Measurements are stated in inches unless otherwise indicated.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...