REI Co-op Flash Air 2 Tent
Ounce-counters, meet our lightest 2-person yet: the REI Co-op Flash Air 2 tent. You can pitch it with its own poles—or use your trekking poles—and at under 2 lbs., you barely know it's in your pack.
- The nearly 90° hubbed roof poles give extra headroom; foot pole increases volume at the other end, giving your toes room to wiggle, for a comfy night's sleep
- Fly/vestibule protects your gear in bad weather, then rolls up over the roof for stargazing or pitches out to create a large awning in friendlier weather
- Designed to pitch with most trekking poles so you can leave the vertical poles at home to save weight
- Hybrid single-wall construction optimizes weight and livability
- Two large, easy-entry canopy-style doors
- Internal mesh pockets and gear loops allow for simple organization
- Packs down to 16 in. long, an easy fit in bike panniers or a backpack
- Guyout loops allow for tethering in inclement weather
- Comes with a stuff sack, stakes, guylines and tensioners, 2 long poles, 2 pole hubs and 1 foot pole
- The weight-saving design of this non-freestanding tent requires you to stake it out during setup
- Hybrid single-wall design, as with any single-wall tent, exposes the tent interior more directly to condensation
- Mitigate this by choosing a proper tent site (away from water, under trees and exposed to breezes), venting when possible and not bringing wet gear into the tent or vestibule
- Weighs 1 lb. 15 oz. if you leave the two vertical poles at home and use your trekking poles—with the included poles, it weighs 2 lbs. 2 oz.
Imported.View the REI Co-op Flash Product LineView all REI Co-op Backpacking Tents
Minimum Trail Weight
1 lb. 15 oz.
2 lbs. 8 oz.
7 x 16 inches
88 x 52/42 (L x W head/foot) inches
28.7 square feet
16.8 square feet
Number of Doors
Number of Poles
DAC NFL aluminum
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...