Salsa Timberjack SLX 27.5+ Bike
This product is not available.Shop similar products
Whether pushing your limits on singletrack or bikepacking to places you've yet to go, you'll appreciate the modern trail geometry and nimble, short chainstays of the Timberjack SLX 27.5+ bike.
- Proprietary, top-shelf double/triple-butted 6066-T6 aluminum main triangle with 6061-T6 chain/seatstays creates a light, responsive, durable frame with great trail feel
- Timberjack geometry uses a longer top tube and shorter stem than other frames, putting the rider in a confidence-inspiring position for off-road riding
- Using the same stem length, offsets and angles on each frame size, Timberjack provides riders across the size range with a consistent front-end experience
- Combining this consistent front end with super-short chainstays, as short as 420mm, makes the Timberjack an extremely agile trail bike
- Large-volume 27.5 x 2.8 in. tires supply confidence-inspiring traction while also helping to smooth out the trail
- Shimano SLX 1x11 drivetrain
- 130mm of bump-eating travel is courtesy of the RockShox Recon RL suspension fork
- Drop your saddle for steep descents and technical terrain with the included Trans-X dropper seatpost; plus, the frame provides stealth cable routing
- Alternator Dropouts deliver incredible drivetrain versatility—run single-speed or geared, QR or thru-axle, freehub or Rohloff, 27.5+ or 29er wheels/tires
- Alternator Dropouts change chainstay lengths 420-437mm; set them all the way forward for a shorter wheelbase and quick, nimble handling, or set them back for more stability
- Timberjack offers a variety of build-option canvases for the off-road artist
- With multiple dropout plate options, rear spacing of the frame can be 135mm QR, 142mm thru-axle, or BOOST-148, adapting to whatever flavor of undertaking you're up for
- 1x and 2x drivetrain compatible—the removable direct-mount front derailleur bracket allows for clean 1x build
- Full-length internal housing cable routing improves shifting performance in poor conditions and increases use time between maintenance intervals
- X-Small and Small accept 2 bottle cages, while Medium, Large, and X-Large accept 3 bottle cages
- Designed for use with the Salsa Alternator Standard rear rack; not included
- Specs and images are subject to change
Imported.This bike comes with Coast to Coast Support, which includes:View the Salsa Timberjack Product Line View all Salsa Hardtail Mountain Bikes
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Mountain Bike Style
Bike Frame Material
RockShox Recon RL 134
Race Face Ride, 30t
Shimano SLX, 11-46t
Number of Gears
Hydraulic Disc Brake
Shimano MT400, 180/160mm front/rear rotors
WTB ST i40 TCS 2.0 32h
WTB Ranger Comp
XS/S: Salsa Salt Flat; M/L/XL: Rustler
Salsa Guide Trail
Trans-X Dropper JD-YSP15L
WTB Volt Sport
Cane Creek 10
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
XS S M L XL Height Range 5'2"-5'6" 5'3"-5'9" 5'8"-6'0" 5'11"-6'3" 6'2"-UP Reach 387mm 407mm 425mm 452mm 478mm Stack 603mm 603mm 612mm 622mm 636mm Effective Top Tube 570mm 592mm 612mm 642mm 672mm Seat Tube Center-Top 355.6mm 381mm 431.8mm 482.6mm 533.4mm Standover Height 686mm 702mm 741mm 778mm 815mm Head Tube Length 100mm 100mm 110mm 120mm 135mm Head Tube Angle (degrees) 67.4 67.4 67.4 67.4 67.4 Seat Tube Angle (degrees) 73 73 73 73 73 Wheelbase 1078-1095mm 1098-1115mm 1119-1136mm 1150-1167mm 1182-1199mm Chainstay 420-437mm 420-437mm 420-437mm 420-437mm 420-437mm Fork Offset 42mm 42mm 42mm 42mm 42mm
Measurements based on:
-509x42mm offset fork based on 130mm 29/27.5+ fork at 25% sag
-27.5x2.8" tire measuring 717mm in diameter
-Standover for all sizes is measured vertically to top of top tube from a position 50mm forward of BB center
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...