Edelrid Ohm Assisted Braking Device
This product is not available.Shop similar products
Helping climbers with larger weight differences to climb together indoors and out, the Edelrid Ohm assisted braking device increases rope friction so a lighter belayer can hold a heavier lead climber.
- Ohm attaches at the first bolt in the safety chain; in the event of a fall, the rope is pulled into the device's braking unit and the fall is progressively arrested
- With Ohm, belay normally with your preferred belay device; Ohm is not a replacement for a belay device
- The Ohm makes it easier for a belayer to hold a fall and limits how high he or she is pulled off the ground; this can help reduce the distance a lead climber falls
- Lowering a heavier climber is also easier to control
- Ohm does not increase friction for the lead climber, nor does it negatively affect paying out the rope
- For single ropes with diameters of 8.9 to 11mm
- Recommended weight difference (lead climber > belayer): 25–85 lbs.; minimum belayer weight 85 lbs.
Imported.View all Edelrid Belay and Rappel Devices
Suitable For Belaying
Fits Rope Sizes
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...