FalconGuides How to Rock Climb! - 5th Edition
This product is not available.Shop similar products
How to Rock Climb! helps you gain an edge and the confidence to climb with thorough instruction, clear photographs and expert experience.
Inside you'll find: footwork and handhold positions; finger, hand and off-width cracks; equipment, including ropes, anchors and carabiners; information on belaying and belay devices; tips for leading and finding routes; downclimbing and rappelling, information on sport climbing; and training, including bouldering and climbing gyms.View all FalconGuides Climbing Instructional Books
- Please see the "Read Inside this Book" feature under the Manual and Instructions section (located below and to the right) to read sample pages from this book
- Author: John Long
- Softcover; 256 pages; black-and-white photographs and illustrations
- Morris Book Publishing LLC; copyright 2010
- Updated edition reflects modern standards of equipment, technique and training methods
- Nuts-and-bolts guide serves as an introduction to rock climbing for beginners and helps intermediate climbers hone their knowledge of the sport
- In clear, concise and entertaining prose, John Long covers the basics and distills the intricacies of modern technical rock climbing in all its forms
- Author provides an overview of the history of climbing and the ratings system
- Includes a complete review of face and crack climbing skills, equipment needed to get up and down the rock and the art of leading
- Includes a section on sport climbing
- Throughout, the author stresses that safety and simplicity are the keys to successful climbing
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...