FalconGuides How to Rock Climb! - 5th Edition
How to Rock Climb! helps you gain an edge and the confidence to climb with thorough instruction, clear photographs and expert experience.
Inside you'll find: footwork and handhold positions; finger, hand and off-width cracks; equipment, including ropes, anchors and carabiners; information on belaying and belay devices; tips for leading and finding routes; downclimbing and rappelling, information on sport climbing; and training, including bouldering and climbing gyms.View all FalconGuides Climbing Instructional Books
- Please see the "Read Inside this Book" feature under the Manual and Instructions section (located below and to the right) to read sample pages from this book
- Author: John Long
- Softcover; 256 pages; black-and-white photographs and illustrations
- Morris Book Publishing LLC; copyright 2010
- Updated edition reflects modern standards of equipment, technique and training methods
- Nuts-and-bolts guide serves as an introduction to rock climbing for beginners and helps intermediate climbers hone their knowledge of the sport
- In clear, concise and entertaining prose, John Long covers the basics and distills the intricacies of modern technical rock climbing in all its forms
- Author provides an overview of the history of climbing and the ratings system
- Includes a complete review of face and crack climbing skills, equipment needed to get up and down the rock and the art of leading
- Includes a section on sport climbing
- Throughout, the author stresses that safety and simplicity are the keys to successful climbing
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...