BearVault BV500 Food Container
Food protection that keeps your wild adventure going, the BearVault BV500 container features simple access and a light weight-to-volume ratio for a 7-day solo backpacking trip.
- Specifically designed to be wide, round and slippery to reduce leverage points for entry from bear jaws, claws and paws
- Weight is low and volume is high, thanks to the durable, polycarbonate construction
- Screw-on lid is intuitive and secure, and doesn't require extra tools to operate; no need to overtighten; see instructional video on how to properly open and close container
- Transparent canister is easy to see into and doesn't require you to empty the contents of the container to find specific items
- Wide opening allows you to reach all the way in to find your tasty treats
- Strap guides aid in strapping and packing canister to your preference; an ideal place for your can is inside your pack just above your sleeping bag
- Container doubles as a camp stool, a luxury most backpackers leave behind; close lid fully when using as a stool to preserve the screw-top threads
- This BearVault model has approval from both the Sierra Interagency Black Bear Group and Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee
- Stash on the ground or in a niche 100 ft. downwind of camp and cooking site; do not hang; never keep BearVault inside your tent
- Wipe rim clean of dirt and grime, and clean with mild soap and warm water; use a dry bag with your canister near saltwater; apply food-grade silicone to threads as needed
- Note: harsh chemicals will destroy the plastic; keep DEET and other strong chemicals away, or double bag it carefully if storing inside
- When not using, store in a dry, cool place out of UV sun rays
Made in USA.View all BearVault Bear-Resistant Food Containers
Gear Capacity (L)
Gear Capacity (cu. in.)
700 cubic inches
8.7 x 12.7 inches
2 lbs. 9 oz.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...