cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

How can I get my hiking boots resoled?

I have Asolo boots that I love.  520 Evo Gore Tex.  The soles are falling off after 12 years.

Can I get them re-soled?  If so, how? Where?

Thank you,

Duane Snyder

0 Likes
3 Replies

@duanesnyder thanks for the question! The quick answer is maybe - it depends a little on the shape the midsole is in. If it's intact, then yes, the soles can usually be replaced. If it's deteriorating, resoling typically won't work. If you want to upload pictures here in the community, we can consult on the likelihood of resoling your boots.

Although we don't do this kind of repair at REI, we work closely with and recommend Dave Page Cobbler in Seattle for doing this kind of work. Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@duanesnyder Vibram resoles boots. I had my Lowa Camino GTX trekking boots resoled recently. It cost me $80.00. Being that the boots cost about $300, and have about 200% more life in them, this was an excellent option. Vibram has a "cobbler locator" at https://us.vibram.com/cobblers.html  I'm not sure if it's appropriate to add a link to a business other than REI in this platform. If not, I apologize to the Admin and REI folks.

0 Likes

@BlueRidge completely appropriate - thanks for adding another recommendation!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes