Salsa Warbird Carbon Rival Bike - 2018
This product is not available.Shop similar products
The Salsa Warbird Carbon Rival is a gravel race bike built from years of experience racing in some of the nation's premier gravel events like the Almanzo 100, Dirty Kanza 200 and 340-mile Trans Iowa.
- Warbird is made to survive and thrive on anything from often-hazardous B-roads that make up much of the Midwest gravel scene to coastline fire roads that climb to the heavens
- Warbird geometry places the rider in a position that can be maintained for hours on end over bumpy B-roads and shifting surfaces, helping to reduce fatigue
- Interior molds at main front triangle junctions allow precise control of wall thickness and inner wall smoothness, increasing compaction and reducing wrinkles in stress areas
- Class 5™ Vibration Reduction system uses shaped seatstays that flex outward on impact, and horizontally oriented chainstays that resist torque to ensure a stiff rear end
- Internal cable routing protects the cables from wear and snags
- Warbird carbon fork enhances tracking and ride quality
- Full-length cable housing with Salsa-designed front derailleur cable guide
- Fitting up to 44mm tires (38mm with fenders), Warbird offers massive tire and mud clearance to keep you moving; hidden fender mounts
- Frame has triple water bottle capacity
- Specs and images are subject to change
Imported.Free Adjustment Period:View the Salsa Warbird Product Line View all Salsa Endurance Bikes
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Bike Frame Material
SRAM Rival 22, 50/34t
SRAM Rival 22
SRAM Rival 22
SRAM PG 1130 11-32t
Number of Gears
Hydraulic Disc Brake
SRAM Rival hydraulic disc
DT Swiss C1800
Maxxis Rambler 700c x 40mm 60tpi EXO
Salsa Cowbell 2
Salsa Guide 27.2 x 350mm
WTB Volt Race
Cane Creek 40
19 lbs. 8 oz.
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
51 cm 53 cm 55 cm 56 cm 58 cm 60 cm Height Range 5'1"-5"4" 5"4"-5"8" 5"6"-5"10" 5"9"-6"0" 5"11"-6"2" 6"1"+ Reach 14.5 14.7 14.8 15.1 15.4 15.4 Stack 20.8 21.6 22.3 23.2 25.2 25.2 Effective Top Tube 20.3 21.1 21.7 22.2 23.6 23.6 Seat Tube Center-Top 17.9 19.5 20.5 21.3 23.8 23.8 Standover Height 28.2 29.5 30.4 31.2 33.5 33.5 Head Tube Length 3.9 4.7 5.5 6.3 8.3 8.3 Head Tube Angle (degrees) 70.0 70.5 70.5 71.5 72.0 72.0 Seat Tube Angle (degrees) 74.5 73.5 73.0 73.0 72.5 72.0 Wheelbase 39.7 39.9 40.3 40.6 40.7 41.3 Chainstay 16.9 16.9 16.9 16.9 16.9 16.9 Fork Offset 1.8 1.8 1.8 1.8 1.8 1.8
Measurements are stated in inches unless otherwise indicated.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...