Diamondback Octane 20" Boys' Bike
This product is not available.Shop similar products
Designed for taking around the block and out on the trail, the 20-in. Diamondback Octane is a great next-step bike for kids who are excited to take their two-wheeled adventures to the next level.
- Heat-treated aluminum alloy construction and replaceable derailleur hanger add durability
- Suspension fork gives a smooth ride
- Linear pull brakes are simple and strong and easy for kids to use
- Shimano 6-speed drivetrain gives a wide gear range for varied terrain
- Specs and images are subject to change
Imported.This bike comes with Coast to Coast Support, which includes:View all Diamondback Kids' Mountain Bikes
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
6061 Heat-Treated Aluminum
Steel, 40 tooth w/double guard
Shimano RS35 Revo Grip Shift
Shimano TZ-50, 6 Speed
Number of Gears
Alloy linear pull
Alloy linear pull w/ reach adjust
32h 20" R-1000 alloy
32h steel nutted
32h steel nutted, freewheel
Jr. ATB knobby
Steel Jr Riser
Steel Pillar, 25.4mm
Jr. ATB 2-panel
Resin MTB, 9/16"
Threaded 1 1/8"
KMC Z51, 6 Speed
25 lbs. 11 oz..
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
20 in Height Range 47" - 56" Reach 307 Stack 416 Effective Top Tube 465 Seat Tube Center-Top 280 Standover Height 495 Head Tube Length 100 Head Tube Angle (degrees) 70 Seat Tube Angle (degrees) 71 Bottom Bracket Height 239 Wheelbase 885 Chainstay 380 Fork Offset 37
Bike measurements are stated in millimeters.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...