In the 2019 season of Wild Ideas Worth Living we dove a little deeper. Instead of just focusing on individuals, we talked about themes—mindfulness, facing fear, how to unplug, how to win an Academy Award (okay that happened after one of our guests came on the show) and so much more. Today’s show is a recap of some of our best moments, advice, quotes from fan favorites, and a few outtakes.
I am also sharing some big news about the show and where Wild Ideas Worth Living is headed next (listen to the episode to find out). If you are new to this show or a seasoned fan, I think you are going to like this recap and it’s a perfect taste of what we covered in 2019 and a preview of what’s to come.
Thank you to all the guests for sharing your wild ideas, and thanks especially to you—the listeners—for your reviews and sharing with me in the wild ideas journey. We will be returning with new episodes and adventures in January, so be sure to hit subscribe or follow wherever you’re listening so you get notified as soon as we start releasing episodes in 2020. Happy holidays and remember, the best adventures often happen when you follow your wildest ideas.
- 2:45 – Mindfulness expert John Allcock on what happens when you pay attention to your breath.
- 4:00 – Danny Kim on how digital addiction shapes your behavior.
- 5:35 – Author Bonnie Tsui shares how “fallow time” resists hustle culture.
- 6:50 – Musician Garrett Dutton aka G. Love plays a sweet riff.
- 7:40 – Author Karen Rinaldi on why sometimes we should be okay with mediocrity.
- 8:45 – Swimmer/Record Breaker Kim Chambers on facing fear.
- 10:00 – Jerry Holl’s advice on getting outside your comfort zone.
- 11:40 – Outdoor advocate/influencer Pattie Gonia on how to be radically yourself in the outdoors.
- 14:00 – Holocaust Survivor Edith Eger’s advice on the power of choice.
- 18:05 – Tate MacDowell on setting goals and starting.