Here are a few different ways you can reach us.
Want to pitch a story?
We accept story pitches and are always looking to work with new content creators and contributors. We are committed to growing coverage and representation of BIPOC communities, women, LGBTQ+ people, different ages and people with disabilities. We seek out journalists and sources with diverse backgrounds and perspectives to tell stories about their communities.
Submit your story pitch using the form below.
What kind of stories are you looking for?
Uncommon Path unpacks the ideas, issues and experiences that shape the relationship between people and life outside. Through our stories, we inform and empower members of our millions-strong co-op to make impactful choices in their own lives and join us in advocating for change. Across all formats, we aim to make our stories relevant to a broad and diverse national audience.
Here are the topics we focus on through a variety of story formats, including in-depth features, explainers, product reviews, interviews, first-person essays and roundups.
- Equity and inclusion: Our reporting explores equity and inclusion in the outdoors to ensure everyone feels welcome and safe outside and complements the co-op’s broader racial equity, diversity and inclusion commitments. These stories aim to destabilize conventional notions of what it means to be “outdoorsy” and center the voices of those working to expand diversity, equity and inclusion in the outdoors.
- Climate and environment: Climate change is, beyond doubt, the biggest existential threat facing the outdoors. We seek to bring the issues of climate change to life, focusing on the people and communities impacted by our warming planet. Some stories use the lens of recreation to shine a light on how communities are grappling with climate change while others equip readers with information about how they can contribute to climate action.
- Nature and health: These pieces draw on research to imagine what a future organized around the natural world could look like. The strongest examples balance surprising takes of how individuals stand to benefit from time outside with a look at macro trends/possibilities.
- Gear: Although the bulk of our product content appears on Expert Advice, we publish select gear editorial covering timely trends and innovations on Uncommon Path. Formats include First Look, Good Gear, Gear I Hold Dear and Product Roundups.
- Outdoor Service: These timely articles help people spend time outside, often close to home or related to an outdoor trend. Priority activities include running and cycling.