Today’s guests are two founders of athletic apparel companies whose goal is to make clothes for women that function well, feel good (and look good) so you can focus on your adventures. Sally Bergesen, the founder of Oiselle, fell in love with running in college but couldn’t find the kind of running clothes she wanted to wear, so she created her own company.
Sensi Graves is a kiteboarder, who, after struggling with swimsuits that didn’t always stay in place when she rode, created a swimsuit company. Her goal is to create suits that keep up with athletes on the water, stay in place, look good and are produced in a sustainable way.
In addition to making awesome gear to empower women to get outdoors, these two leaders are also building communities around their respective sports. By supporting female athletes in multiple ways—through their apparel and their communities—they’re encouraging us all to form friendships, support each other and get outside.
Listen to this episode if:
- You’ve ever struggled to buy gear or clothes for your adventures.
- You want to feel empowered to pursue adventure.
- You are interested in women’s activewear and apparel.
- You love having a supportive community behind you.
- You want to hear from two bad ass female founders.