Sarah’s Wild Idea: To bring all of you, to everything you do. To be your most extreme version of yourself and live to your fullest in work and life. And to stop being so afraid of failure.
Sarah Robb O’Hagan is the Founder and Chief Extremer of Extreme You. Formerly the President of Gatorade and Equinox, she’s also worked at Nike, Virgin, Air New Zealand, and is currently the CEO of Fly Wheel. Sarah shares about success, failure and how to thrive in work and life. Her new book, Extreme You, interviews everyone from Condoleezza Rice to Skier Bode Miller, with nuggets of wisdom from superstars in their fields.
Sarah has a great Kiwi accent and a positive sense of self. We talk about how to live wildly even if you work at a big company, why failure is a good thing, bringing your all to your business, and how to have a work-life balance.
Listen to this Episode if:
- You are afraid of failure or have ever failed.
- You work at a large company and want to be a badass, even 9 to 5.
- You are a fitness and adventure fanatic.
- You’re a working parent and athlete.
- You are looking for a better work/life balance.
- You want to know how to thrive in a male-centric career.
- 3:00 – Why Sarah wrote her book Extreme You.
- 5:00 – What it’s like growing up in New Zealand.
- 5:45 – Sarah’s Canyon of Career Despair.
- 8:20 – Thriving in male-centric industries.
- 11:00 – Why you shouldn’t panic if you end up in a job you don’t like.
- 12:00 – How do you live wildly and work at a big company.
- 16:00 – Being a badass and maintaining your 9 to 5.
- 17:25 – What Sarah looks for in a rockstar employee.
- 18:40 – The inspiration behind her book.
- 22:30 – The problem with trophy culture.
- 24:50 – Having kids and being a business beast.
- 26:40 – How to draw boundaries between work and life.
- 30:40 – Sarah’s most extreme ideas.
- 33:00 – The trend towards group experiential workouts.
- 35:15 – Why you have to stop worrying about what can go wrong.