Kelly’s Wild Idea: To be the top half-pipe snowboarder, and inspire others to achieve their highest potential.
Kelly Clark is an Olympic snowboarder and author. She has over seventy wins under her belt, including 10 X-Games medals (nine of them gold), and four trips to the Olympics (with a gold in Salt Lake City).
She is also one of my favorite snowboarders of all time, with an incredible sense of style and a ton of wisdom she’s learned over her storied career. We talked about recovering from hip surgery just last year, what it takes to be an Olympic athlete, her faith, success, and more.
Listen to this Episode if
- You snowboard.
- You’ve recovered from a surgery or injury.
- You love the Olympics.
- You’re a spiritual person.
- You believe in teaching others and supporting youth.
- 3:00 – The unglamorous side of being an Olympic athlete.
- 4:45 - How Kelly recovered from a serious hip surgery.
- 8:20 - The mental aspect Kelly used to recover from surgery.
- 13:40 - Snowboarding’s transition from a lifestyle to an Olympic sport.
- 17:05 - What a typical training day looks like for Kelly.
- 19:50 - Where Kelly’s training these days.
- 22:40 - Kelly’s spirituality and religion, and how it plays into her career.
- 30:30 - Why you have to figure out who you are apart from what you do.
- 31:15 - How Kelly’s relationship with snowboarding has changed as she’s grown older.
- 35:15 - What Kelly does through her foundation.
- 36:00 - Kelly’s upcoming book.
- 38:55 - The similarities between surfing and snowboarding.
- 44:05 - Kelly’s advice for your adventures.