JP’s Wild Idea: To use humor to empower people to be the best versions of themselves.
JP Sears is a spiritual comedian, author, emotional healing coach, and a curious student of life. You may know him from his hilarious YouTube videos that feature great underlying messages about relationships, spirituality and how self-righteous we can be as groups -- whether we are yogis, vegans, raw foodies, or even ultra-spiritual people.
It took JP a while to find a way to use his humor for good, and he’s not afraid to make fun of his own lifestyle. His work is intended to empower people to be their best selves, and to live more meaningful lives.
On this episode, JP shares how he uses humor to talk about serious issues, his advice for living wildly, how to make a living using your passions, and the importance of getting out of your comfort zone.
Listen to this Episode if
- You love to laugh.
- You are in touch with your spiritual side (or want to be).
- You like watching hilarious YouTube videos and comedians.
- You’re a vegan or a meat eater.
- You want to cultivate your own humor and use it for good.
- You want to try some nootropics.
- You want to become a better human.
- 5:20 - JP’s ties to California.
- 8:00 - How JP became a holistic coach.
- 10:15 - When JP started using humor.
- 13:50 - What happened when JP released his first comedic video.
- 16:25 - How to cultivate humor and use it for good.
- 20:45 - People wouldn’t be offended by something unless they are insecure about it.
- 23:45 - JP’s eating habits.
- 25:50 - How to keep a straight face.
- 28:30 - JP’s background with video and comedy.
- 32:45 - How to make a living doing what you love.
- 40:15 - Why JP loves the idea of surfing.
- 41:50 - Advice for people who are scared and insecure.
- 43:00 - JP’s favorite books.
- 46:20 - What nootropics JP uses.
- 49:15 - How to live a wild life.