Courtney’s Wild Idea: To become a professional surfer, and to achieve tough goals in and out of the water.
Courtney Conlogue is a professional surfer on the World Surf League, currently ranked in the top three on the women’s tour. Known for her powerful turns, positive attitude, work ethic, and incredible fitness capacity, she has an amazing ability to set goals and achieve them. Last year, she modeled naked for the Body issue in ESPN Magazine. She also missed a world title by one spot. On this episode, we talk about what you can learn from losing, how Courtney trains and sets goals, what she does when she achieves her goals, and her loves outside of the water.
Listen to this Episode if
- You surf.
- You want to achieve your goals.
- You are interested in training, nutrition and fitness.
- You love drinking coffee.
- You’re an artist.
- Your family is important to you.
- 6:30 – Courtney started surfing at age 4.
- 9:50 – What it’s like being on the U.S. Surf Team.
- 11:30 – How Courtney sets and achieves goals.
- 14:45 – Why surfing is an endurance sport.
- 20:00 – The importance of learning how to lose.
- 23:30 – What kind of meditation Courtney uses.
- 24:35 – The training Courtney is doing in Australia.
- 29:30 – Courtney’s background in running.
- 32:10 – Smack talk on tour.
- 34:20 – How important Courtney’s family is to her journey.
- 37:00 – Courtney LOVES coffee.
- 38:35 – What it was like modeling naked for ESPN.
- 44:25 – Courtney’s food and nutrition tips and tricks.
- 48:15 – Courtney’s venture into painting.
- 51:00 – Where in the world Courtney wants to live.
- 54:00 – Courtney’s favorite books.
- 55:00 – What gear is important to Courtney out of the water.
- 57:15 – Courtney’s advice to be a professional surfer.