Brogan’s Wild Idea: To disrupt people’s idea of fitness by creating awesome, fun free workouts and build community around the globe.
Brogan Graham is a former collegiate rower and coach with a giant heart, a great sense of adventure, and a huge personality. He and a buddy needed a way to work out in the winter months in Boston, so they started the November Project.
What started with a few people running stairs at the Harvard Stadium and doing workouts around Boston has now grown to a movement with thousands of followers at over 37 cities around the globe. The November Project has been described as like Fight Club, but with hugging and some pushups instead of punches.
Today, thousands of people of all abilities show up in cities all over for free group workouts with the most positive people. Brogan is also a captivating speaker, which is why huge corporations like Facebook have called him to speak to thousands of employees. Even though he says he got thrown out of every school he went to, he has some great tips on how to live out any wild idea.
This was also a fun podcast because we recorded it the way I intended when I created WIWL. We went surfing, came back had some guacamole, chips, a cerveza and let loose. It’s an entertaining show with a lot of energy.
Listen to this Episode if:
- You love free workouts.
- You want to be a part of an awesome community.
- You dig social media.
- You like interacting with strangers.
- You have done or want to try a November Project Workout.
- You want to hear an entertaining podcast.
- 4:30 – How Brogan started The November Project.
- 7:25 – How the November Project turned into a movement.
- 9:20 – Why workouts start at 6:29am in every city.
- 13:05 – Why the workouts start with a mantra.
- 16:50 – When Brogan knew the idea was going to spread.
- 24:10 – How Brogan and I met.
- 27:10 – How Brogan met his wife, Goldie.
- 29:55 – Who founded the November Project and how it grew.
- 35:45 – The creation of The November Project Summit.
- 41:40 – How the project got sponsored.
- 48:10 – How the November Project changes lives.
- 49:50 – How Brogan likes living in San Diego.
- 52:45 – Brogan’s routines that have helped him in his success. (One starts at 4:30am).
- 55:40 – How Brogan gets people to interact.
- 1:00:00 – Why failure is a part of any wild adventure.
- 1:07:50 – Why Brogan got thrown out of every school he ever went to.
- 1:10:30 – Why you should talk to strangers.
- 1:12:30 – What Brogan gifts to people.