Brendan’s Wild Idea: To create a more environmentally and socially sustainable world.
Brendan Brazier is one of the most well know plant-based elite athletes on the planet. He’s the author of bestselling book Thrive, and the founder of several companies including Vega, a plant-based nutrition company. His new magazine, Alive, is available for free at health food stores around the country. He also advises celebrities like Venus Williams, Hugh Jackman, and entire pro-sports teams about their nutrition.
Brendan is all about living a healthy, sustainable lifestyle, and his mission is to help educated people about the possibilities when it comes to an environmentally friendly diet.
Listen to this Episode if
- You’re interested in a plant-based life.
- You want to know how to train hard while eating a plant-based diet.
- You’re interested in starting a business.
- You’re passionate about environmental and social sustainability.
- 2:40 - How Brendan gets his wild ideas from trying to find solutions.
- 4:10 - He originally wanted to be a hockey player.
- 5:00 - How Brendan’s training led him to an interest in nutrition.
- 7:30 - The old lack of access and knowledge around nutrition.
- 7:55 - Brendan’s nutrition philosophy.
- 9:45 - Why Brendan eats leafy greens and sprouted food.
- 11:30 - The importance of energy and paying attention to fatigue.
- 12:00 - Brendan got adrenal fatigue.
- 13:55 - Uncomplementary vs. complementary stress.
- 16:55 - Working with celebrities is just like working with normal people.
- 18:30 - Where your proteins come from when you’re plant-based.
- 20:00 - Making a plan by seeing the end goal and working backwards.
- 21:10 - How to find business partners.
- 24:00 - What you’ll find in Alive Magazine.
- 25:00 - He created a plant-based burger for athletes.
- 28:15 - How what we eat affects the environment.
- 31:15 - The plant-based food industry has become mainstream.
- 35:00 - Why the writing process is hard.
- 41:30 - The importance of considering the consequences of your happiness and actions.