Angela’s Wild Idea: To combine spirituality and athleticism while helping others find their own purpose through fitness.
Angela Davis is an international fitness evangelist and motivational coach, who’s helped lead events alongside people like Oprah. In addition to being one of the most inspiring voices and coaches, she’s a former member of the USA track and field team and was a five-time All-American who held world rankings in the 100 meter race.
These days, Angela can be found instructing one of the most sought after SoulCycle classes with long waitlists and tons of celebrity clients. There’s countless reasons why. One is that her class feels like being inside an upbeat church, with awesome music. You forget you’re in a dark room getting sweaty, and leave the studio feeling pumped up and ready to conquer the world.
Angela shares her journey to finding her purpose and how you can find yours. She also shares why working out on the inside is as important as working out on the outside – it’s not just about that tight bootay!
Listen to this Episode if:
- You have twenty minutes to get inspired.
- You love SoulCycle.
- You attend fitness classes.
- You’re searching for your purpose in life.
- You want a good technique to conquer your fears.
- You’re the smartest, most inspiring person in your friend group.
- You are a runner, an athlete or just want a little more mojo.
- 3:30 – Why Angela’s classes are compared to church on a bike.
- 4:20 – Why coaches should bring their experiences with them.
- 5:15 – Angela’s amazing 100m time.
- 6:00 – Angela’s lineage of athletes and fighters.
- 6:50 – How Angela talks herself out of fear.
- 9:35 – Why the bike is a great equalizer.
- 10:20 – You were born with a purpose.
- 13:00 – How SoulCycle gave Angela a vehicle.
- 16:00 – Why you can’t get in your own way.
- 18:05 – Why it matters who you surround yourself with.
- 21:10 – Where she finds the amazing music for her class.
- 22:15 – What legacy Angela wants to leave behind.