Shelby’s Wild Idea: To make a podcast that inspires others to live more wildly, and share stories and advice from the top adventurers, athletes, health experts, and more.
It has been a wild year, that’s for sure. When I started this podcast, my goal was to record seven episodes and keep going. I knew the beginning would be hard, but one year and 55 episodes later, I am so thankful I stuck with it. I’ve met amazing people along the way, including some of you.
On this show, I am sharing a few things I’ve learned after 54 episodes. From making commitments to adjusting your expectations to paving your own path, my guests have shared some amazing nuggets of wisdom.
Thank you to everyone who has listened to the show, to the amazing guests who have shared their stories, the brands who have sponsored the show, and everyone who has written a story about us, included us on a list of awesome podcasts, and shared the show with their community.
Listen to this Episode if
- You love adventure.
- You have listened to Wild Ideas Worth Living.
- You’re ready to make your own wild idea a reality.
- You want to start a podcast.
- 1:15 - Learning the importance of starting from Steph Jagger.
- 2:10 - You can plan all you want, but eventually you to go.
- 3:20 - People are forgiving when you make mistakes.
- 4:00 - Why you have to honor your commitment.
- 4:45 - Learning the value of slowing down from Kimi Werner.
- 6:50 - Paving your own way.
- 7:45 - Why making time for what brings you joy is so important.
- 9:00 - Positivity wins every time.
- 9:55 - Why you have to surround yourself with good people.
- 10:30 - The power of gratitude.
- 11:30 - The green light exercise, as taught to me by Brogan Graham of the November Project.
- 12:40 - Unplugging.
- 13:30 - Sending thank you notes, and the power of a pen, paper and a stamp.
- 13:50 - Make it until you make it.
- 15:05 - You have to ask for something if you want it and why you should sell like a Girl Scout.
- 16:20 - Everyone has some epic in them, and you have to live your life big.