Zombie outbreaks happen. This infographic provides an overview of the 13 essential pieces of equipment you’ll need as well as step-by-step illustrations demonstrating critical zombie survival skills.
Zombie Survival Gear
The 13 Essentials:
Are you prepared for the next outbreak? Make sure to keep this gear at the ready. Also, learn the five critical skills that’ll help keep you from becoming a snack for ravenous hordes of flesh-eating ghouls.
1. Hydration backpack: Keep one step ahead of the horde. Stay hydrated on the go.
2. Energy foods: If you want to stay alive, keep your energy levels high.
3. Stormproof matches: They light up no matter how horrifying the weather.
4. Mini playing cards: Great for playing poker with fellow survivors. When your friends are gone, there’s always solitaire.
5. Survival knife: When the dead walk the earth, make a sharp blade your new best friend.
6. Moleskin/first aid: One blister is more dangerous to you than ten zombies. Apply moleskin immediately.
7. Tactical flashlight: Handy for scouting dark locations and can temporarily disorient an approaching zombie.
8. Hand-crank radio: Scan the airways for the latest updates about safe zones. No batteries required.
9. Utility cord: Early zombie detection system. Set up trip-wire alarms around your campsite.
10. Signal mirror: Be ready to flash one when the rescue shopper flies overhead.
11. Insulated vest: Allows excellent range of motion for chores such as chopping up wood and zombies.
12. Cast-iron skillet: Cooking tool and a blunt instrument with awesome zombie-stopping power.
13. Trail running shoes: Move fast to avoid the walkers. Trail shoes provide stability and support on a wide variety of terrain. Don’t give zombies anything to eat. Stay on your feet.
Find all your zombie survival needs, along with hiking and camping gear at REI.