Bethany Hamilton’s Wild Idea: Surfing giant waves, having a family, giving back to others, and living life to the fullest no matter what.
Bethany Hamilton is one of the most empowering surfers of all time. She’s had many wild ideas, from continuing to surf despite losing her left arm, to surfing giant waves at Jaws in Maui last year, starting a non-profit to help others, having a baby, speaking in front of crowds of 20k plus, and now making a movie, Unstoppable. Because wild ideas require wild living, this interview was done from a cell phone on an island, so the sound is not perfect, but the message is still clear. Nothing gets in the away for Bethany in achieving her dreams.
Listen to this episode if you:
- Are a Bethany Hamilton fan.
- Are curious how long she can hold her breath.
- Want to know how Bethany juggles her schedule.
- Want to hear some of Bethany’s tricks and tips to life and surfing.
The Deep Dive
- 04:05 – Bethany discusses her wild idea.
- 05:55 – Bethany’s keys to success in public speaking.
- 08:40 – Bethany’s experience surfing 60 foot waves.
- 12:45 – How long Bethany can hold her breath.
- 14:55 – Key exercises, like squats that Bethany does to surf better.
- 18:25 – Why family time is key.
- 20:45 – How the Amazing Race is good for marriage.
- 22:40 – Everyone deals with tough times, but that doesn’t mean you should give up.
- 24:50 – Bethany’s message to the world.
- 25:15 – Bethany upcoming moving, Unstoppable.