Update to REI COVID-19 Health and Safety Standards
Mar 10, 2022
As of Monday, March 7, REI’s employee & customer mask policy aligns with the Centers for Disease Control COVID-19 Community Level guidance.
- For REI locations in a High COVID-19 Community Level area:
- Customers (over the age of 2) will be encouraged to wear masks, unless required by a local mask mandate.
- Employees will be required to wear masks indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
- Stores will continue to post signs to inform employees and vendors of mask requirements and to encourage customer masking.
- For REI locations in a Low or Medium COVID-19 Community Level area:
- Customers and employees will not be required to wear masks indoors regardless of vaccination status, unless required by a local mask mandate.
- Any employee or customer who prefers to wear a mask is welcome to do so.
To learn more, please view our updated health and safety standards.
REI is a specialty outdoor retailer, headquartered near Seattle. The nation’s largest consumer co-op, REI is a growing community of 21.5 million members who expect and love the best quality gear, inspiring expert classes and trips, and outstanding customer service. REI has 175 locations in 41 states and the District of Columbia. If you can’t visit a store, you can shop at REI.com, REI Outlet or the REI shopping app. REI isn’t just about gear. Adventurers can take the trip of a lifetime with REI’s active adventure travel company that runs more than 100 itineraries across the country. In many communities where REI has a presence, professionally trained instructors share their expertise by hosting beginner-to advanced-level classes and workshops about a wide range of activities. To build on the infrastructure that makes life outside possible, REI invests millions annually in hundreds of local and national nonprofits that create access to—and steward—the outdoor places that inspire us all.