REI Co-op COVID-19 Health & Safety Standards
Sep 20, 2022
All REI stores are open to customers. Except where required by local mandate, locations are no longer limiting capacity for our customers. In every case, we’re taking precautions to ensure the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities. We’ll provide clear guidance for customers on how to shop or do curbside pickup, and continue to closely follow guidance from national, state and local authorities to make sure we’re operating in compliance with any guidance, requirements or restrictions in place.
Here’s what you can expect:
Safety comes first
- Every one of us is accountable to ensuring we hold to these standards.
- Anyone is empowered and expected to speak up if they spot an issue or have a concern.
- We’re making sure our teams are empowered with the knowledge and the training they need to effectively do their jobs while meeting these health and safety protocols.
Shopping at REI stores
- All stores are open for in-store services, and hours will vary by location.
- Nearly all stores offer curbside pick-up.
As of Monday, March 7, REI’s employee & customer mask policy aligns with the Centers for Disease Control COVID-19 Community Level guidance.
- For REI locations in a High COVID-19 Community Level area:
- Customers (over the age of 2) will be encouraged to wear masks, unless required by a local mask mandate.
- Employees will be required to wear masks indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
- Stores will continue to post signs to inform employees and vendors of mask requirements and to encourage customer masking.
- For REI locations in a Low or Medium COVID-19 Community Level area:
- Customers and employees will not be required to wear masks indoors regardless of vaccination status, unless required by a local mask mandate.
- Any employee or customer who prefers to wear a mask is welcome to do so.