REI Co-op COVID-19 Health & Safety Standards
Dec 15, 2022
All REI stores are open to customers. Except where required by local mandate, locations are no longer limiting capacity for our customers. In every case, we’re taking precautions to ensure the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities. We’ll provide clear guidance for customers on how to shop or do curbside pickup, and continue to closely follow guidance from national, state and local authorities to make sure we’re operating in compliance with any guidance, requirements or restrictions in place.
Here’s what you can expect:
Safety comes first
- Every one of us is accountable to ensuring we hold to these standards.
- Anyone is empowered and expected to speak up if they spot an issue or have a concern.
- We’re making sure our teams are empowered with the knowledge and the training they need to effectively do their jobs while meeting these health and safety protocols.
Shopping at REI stores
- All stores are open for in-store services, and hours will vary by location.
- Nearly all stores offer curbside pick-up.
On December 15, 2022, REI updated its employee & customer mask policy to align with the following guidance:
- Customers and employees will not be required to wear masks indoors regardless of vaccination status, unless required by a local mask mandate.
- Any employee or customer who prefers to wear a mask is welcome to do so.
About the REI Co-op
REI is a specialty outdoor retailer, headquartered near Seattle. The nation’s largest consumer co-op, REI is a growing community of 23 million members who expect and love the best quality gear, inspiring expert classes and trips, and outstanding customer service. REI has 184 locations in 42 states and the District of Columbia. If you can’t visit a store, you can shop at REI.com, REI Outlet or the REI shopping app. REI isn’t just about gear. Adventurers can take the trip of a lifetime with REI’s active adventure travel company that runs more than 100 itineraries across the country. In many communities where REI has a presence, professionally trained instructors share their expertise by hosting beginner-to advanced-level classes and workshops about a wide range of activities. To build on the infrastructure that makes life outside possible, REI invests millions annually in hundreds of local and national nonprofits that create access to—and steward—the outdoor places that inspire us all.