Ready to ride? Brush up on basics or join a trail-riding adventure with our top-rated cycling classes.
Meet Jeremy Francis
REI Co-op Guide since 2011
- Hometown: Ojai, CA
- Favorite Bay Area eatery: Iguana's Burritozilla. That orange sauce has some authority.
- Favorite Song: Big Rock Candy Mountain by Burl Ives
- Favorite Place to Get Outside in the Bay Area: I love California's giant trees draped in fog, and I also love the waves pounding the rugged coast, but my favorite of all is where those two meet. The Lost Coast in Mendocino is one of my regular stops.
- Favorite Gear: My long-handled metal spoon. Keeps your fingers clean while eating from a pouch and doubles as a pretty good screwdriver!
“I love to be in the fresh air and rugged terrain of this beautiful state, and to spend time with our adventurous participants. If you're going to spend time anyway, why not spend it among trees?”
- Memorable moment
Our group was eating breakfast on a grassy hilltop in Sunol looking down into the oak valley below, filled to the brim with fog. As the sun rose and the light hit that fog, it peeled away like a blanket revealing our destination for the day.
- Activity expertise
Backpacking, Mountain Biking, Wilderness Survival
- Training & Certification
- Wilderness First Responder
- Food Handler Certificate
- Leave No Trace