Jerky is good. Homemade jerky is better.
We have all the info you need to make something yummy for your next adventure.
• 2.5 lbs thinly-sliced meat (lean meat works best)
• 3 cloves garlic (minced)
• 1 jalapeño pepper
• ½ tbsp. onion powder
• ½ tbsp. black pepper
• ½ tbsp. liquid smoke
• 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
• 1 tbsp. honey
• ½ cups water
• 1 cup soy sauce
1. In a large bowl, combine garlic, jalapeño, onion powder, black pepper, liquid smoke, red pepper
flakes, honey, water, and soy sauce.
2. Add meat to marinade and refrigerate overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
4. Line bottom shelf of oven with baking sheets and aluminium foil.
5. Place marinated meat in oven to dry for 2-4 hours. (Lay directly on oven shelf or hang from shelf using
Looking for more recipes? Check our series on car camping recipes!