Placing International Orders
Ordering from Outside the U.S.
We are pleased to offer our mail order and online shopping services to members and customers around the world.
- Phone–Call 1-253-891-2500
- Online–Simply click "Proceed to Checkout" on the Shopping Cart page and follow the instructions from there.
Only E-Gift Cards Available Outside the U.S.
REI gift cards (except for REI e-gift cards sent via email) can be shipped only to addresses in the U.S., APO/FPO and some U.S. Territories. See “Restricted Brands and Products” below for details.
We no longer ship REI gift cards internationally, including to Canada. Instead, you may want to consider sending an REI e-gift card to your international friends or family.
Duties and Taxes
On international orders, the recipient is responsible for payment of applicable duties, taxes and other fees. Gift orders may be assessed duty depending on the country. Please contact your Customs office for information on duties, taxes and restricted items.
Restricted Brands and Products
Are there products that can't be shipped outside of the U.S.?
Yes. We are unable to ship the following items outside of the U.S.: bikes, boats, car-top carriers, hazardous items and REI gift cards.
Be aware of the following restrictions:
- Bell Sports products (Bell helmets and bike gear, Giro Helmets, Easton cycling components) can be shipped only to the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- Products from Chariot Carriers, Motorola and Rudy Project Eyewear can be shipped only to the U.S. and Canada.
- Products from Blundstone, Pearl Izumi, SportRack, Thule, and Ex-Officio Buzz-Off cannot be shipped to Canada.
- Products from TENTSILE cannot be shipped to South Korea.
- REI gift cards (except for REI e-gift cards) can be shipped only to addresses in the U.S., APO/FPO and the following U.S. Territories: American Samoa, Guam, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, and U.S. Virgin Islands.
See a list of products that can be shipped only to U.S. addresses.
How much will it cost to ship my order?
See our current shipping rates. You can also review your shipping charges as part of the online checkout process (before payment).
When will I get my order?
See our estimated shipping timelines for domestic orders placed today. The estimates are already adjusted to account for holidays and weekends.
Do you ship internationally?
Do you offer free shipping?
What does it mean if an item is on backorder?
If an item is not currently available, but we think we'll eventually get more inventory, you have the option to put that item on backorder. If the item becomes available we will ship it to you. Of course, we will not charge your credit card until the item ships.