cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
REI is actively reviewing its policies and procedures per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's new guidance for COVID-19.
As we have since the start of the pandemic, we’ll continue to prioritize the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities.

How do I receive a price adjustment for an item now on sale?

Just received my Aquabound Stingray paddle last evening and it was $199.99 and I applied a $25 gift card to it as well.   I visited your site this morning to look at some other items needed and noticed that the paddle is now on sale and $40 less than it was when I purchased it.  Is there anything that can be done for me in terms of a credit of some type - in this situation?

Thanks for considering my pain. . .  

5 Replies

Hey there @Donn!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and glad to hear you snagged a new paddle!

Our price adjustment policy can be found here, which in part, states that “we will honor the sale price if you purchased within the last 14 days and your item is the same product number, color, and size as the item on sale.”

Unfortunately here in the Community we do not have access to specific orders or customer information but if you reach out to our Contact Center, they’ll be happy to help. All of their contact information can be found at the bottom of the page within the link I provided earlier. 

Thanks again for reaching out!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Why is the price adjustment only 14 days if the return policy for most products 1 year? Wouldn't it make more sense to do a price adjustment up to 1 year instead of having people return products because the price decreases?

@dawnwall_texas Thanks for reaching out!

Our pricing policy and our return policy are two different things. Our pricing policy is in place so you can purchase with confidence, knowing that we will refund you the difference on eligible items that go on sale within 14 days of your purchase. Our return policy is in place so you can purchase with confidence, knowing that if you are unsatisfied with your item, you can return it within 1 year for most items, 90 days for electronics, or 30 days for used gear. Returning at item because the price went down does not reflect the spirit of REI's 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

0 Likes

Does the pricing policy extend to the periodic 20% member discount coupon? I need to purchase a new backpack, but the winter sale starts the day after I'm supposed to walk into the woods. It would be really super to use that coupon on the $300 purchase I'm about to make, but the timing is not cooperating. Can I purchase the pack in time for my trip which is now less than 14 days from the sale and then have the coupon discount applied as an adjustment?

- Dave B

0 Likes

@DaveB thanks for the follow-up question! Previous purchases are listed as an exclusion on our coupons, meaning we don't typically honor the use of a coupon on something that was purchased before the coupon's effective dates. With that said, we always recommend following up with the customer service team at your local store.