- Customers will save $100 on any new booking of a 2024 REI adventure travel trip in North America.
- Offer valid on 2024 REI adventure travel trips new bookings from 9/7/2023 until 9/29/2023. Must travel by 12/31/2024.
- Space is limited. Offer valid until trip capacity is reached.
- Offer is not transferable and not redeemable for cash.
- Offer may not be combined with any other discount or promotion.
- Pricing may vary by date. Discount applies to member base price only. Discount does not apply to any additional fees, extensions or services.
- 10% discount applies on top of REI member pricing. REI membership is required to receive additional discount.
- Not a member? Get a lifetime membership for a one-time fee of $30. www.rei.com/membership.
- REI adventure travel trips are not eligible for the REI Member Reward.
- To order by phone, call 1-800-622-2236 | Monday-Friday, 7am through 5pm PT.
Meet your guides and traveling companions this morning for a brief orientation before hopping in our shuttle to Shenandoah National Park. We approach Skyline Drive through the quant gateway town of Front Royal where we’ll stop for a quick pick me up at a local coffee shop. We drive along scenic Skyline Drive towards our first trailhead, Stony Man. Standing atop Stony Man we have expansive views of the Shenandoah Valley, Massanutten Mountain, and the Shenandoah River snaking through the valley below. This afternoon we descend into the forest towards Dark Hollow Falls, a refreshing treat especially on a warm summer day. The day wraps up at Big Meadows Campground where we enjoy a hearty meal prepared by our guides and time around the campfire before climbing into our sleeping bags for the night. Lunch and dinner included.
Hiking: 3.4 miles, Elevation gain/loss: +995’/-902’; Van transfer: 2.5 hours
We wake to the smell of coffee and sounds of the forest this morning. After a hearty breakfast we’re off on an exploration of White Oak Canyon. Known for its prolific concentration of waterfalls, creeks and crystal clear swimming holes the trail offers the chance to cool off during the heat and humidity of summer. In between splashing, selfies, and stopping to absorb the beauty of the area we’ll take a breather for a picturesque picnic lunch. Tonight, we relax at camp for another night of great food and awesome company. All meals included.
Hiking: 8-10 miles, Elevation gain/loss: +2,074’ / -2,060’; Van transfer: 25 minutes
This morning we awake early for a quick breakfast in camp before we take down our tents and head to Hawksbill Summit. We’ll warm up our legs on a quick hike to the highest peak in Shenandoah National Park at 4,050’. Our adventure continues with a stand-up paddleboard trip on the Shenandoah River. We stick to calm waters and choose the route based on current river conditions and the recommendation of our expert professional river guide. Our route promises incredible views with the backdrop of the Appalachian Mountains, along with Great Blue Herons and turtles basking in the sun. Later this afternoon we head to the Front Royal Brewing Company to celebrate our adventure over dinner and brews. We are back on the road for our 1- hour transfer back to our host hotel where we bid our final farewells. We estimate arriving back around 8pm today. But please note this time may vary depending on group pace, river conditions, weather, traffic, and other factors beyond our control. To be safe, do not book flights out of Dulles International Airport until after 10:30pm today. All meals included.
Hiking: 1.4 miles, Elevation gain/loss: +378’ / -378’; SUP Paddle boarding: 3-5 hours, ~ 7 miles.