- Customers will save $100 on any new booking of a 2024 REI adventure travel trip in North America.
- Offer valid on 2024 REI adventure travel trips new bookings from 9/7/2023 until 9/29/2023. Must travel by 12/31/2024.
- Space is limited. Offer valid until trip capacity is reached.
- Offer is not transferable and not redeemable for cash.
- Offer may not be combined with any other discount or promotion.
- Pricing may vary by date. Discount applies to member base price only. Discount does not apply to any additional fees, extensions or services.
- 10% discount applies on top of REI member pricing. REI membership is required to receive additional discount.
- Not a member? Get a lifetime membership for a one-time fee of $30. www.rei.com/membership.
- REI adventure travel trips are not eligible for the REI Member Reward.
- To order by phone, call 1-800-622-2236 | Monday-Friday, 7am through 5pm PT.
Our adventure begins early this morning in Oakland, where we meet our fellow hikers and guides. After a brief orientation, pack check, and distribution of group gear we head north towards Point Reyes National Seashore. We make our way into the hills and country leaving the hustle and bustle of city life behind us. Before entering the park we take a short break in the charming town of Point Reyes Station for a bakery treat (gluten-free and vegan options available). We then pop into Bear Valley Visitor Center for a visit before we hit the trail. Today’s hike takes us on beautifully maintained trails with gentle elevation changes and spectacular views. Our campsite for the next two nights is perched in a valley overlooking the Pacific Ocean, just a short walk from the beach. Tonight we enjoy a hearty meal in camp and, weather permitting, a fire on the beach. A morning snack, lunch, and dinner included.
Backpacking: 7.6 miles, Elevation gain/loss: +1,757’ / -1,864’; Van transfer: 1 hour
Our morning starts with a delicious guide-prepared breakfast and hot drinks before starting our adventure. Today’s schedule is dictated by the tides and your desire for adventure. We like to start the day with a hike on the beach to Alamere Falls, a true highlight of our adventure. This afternoon we have the option to hike as far as Abalone Point, where we’re rewarded with spectacular views stretching along the whole western coast of Point Reyes National Seashore. Our route to Abalone Point takes us through beautiful hedgerows, alongside picturesque oceanside lakes, and into old growth forest. This evening in camp we take time to relax and unwind. You might enjoy a walk along the beach searching for driftwood, a dip in the ocean, or simply time to watch the sun dip below the horizon. Weather permitting, we gather around a beach fire to reminisce about our adventures before turning in well fed, relaxed and content. All meals included.
Hiking: 2.7 miles round trip to Alamere Falls, Elevation gain/loss: Minimal; Optional hikes: Up to 8.7 miles, Elevation gain/loss: Up to 1,869’
This morning we have our final breakfast together before we collectively break camp and head back into the rich forests of Point Reyes National Seashore. As our muscles loosen, we quickly shed our morning layers and climb away from the beach into the hills. Our hike takes us through some of the most beautiful and thick forests within the park and finishes back at the Bear Valley Visitor Center, where we take time to clean up and collect borrowed gear. We do our best to have you back at the host hotel by 4:30pm, and recommend booking flights that leave no sooner than 9:00pm. Breakfast and lunch included.
Backpacking: 7.2 miles, Elevation gain/loss: +903’ / -849’; Van Transfer: 1 hour