- Customers will save $100 on any new booking of a 2024 REI adventure travel trip in North America.
- Offer valid on 2024 REI adventure travel trips new bookings from 9/7/2023 until 9/29/2023. Must travel by 12/31/2024.
- Space is limited. Offer valid until trip capacity is reached.
- Offer is not transferable and not redeemable for cash.
- Offer may not be combined with any other discount or promotion.
- Pricing may vary by date. Discount applies to member base price only. Discount does not apply to any additional fees, extensions or services.
- 10% discount applies on top of REI member pricing. REI membership is required to receive additional discount.
- Not a member? Get a lifetime membership for a one-time fee of $30. www.rei.com/membership.
- REI adventure travel trips are not eligible for the REI Member Reward.
- To order by phone, call 1-800-622-2236 | Monday-Friday, 7am through 5pm PT.
Our trip begins early this morning in Las Vegas (Henderson), Nevada at our host hotel. Our guides will briefly talk us through the basics, ensuring everyone has all they need before we set out. Making our way deep into Utah on this five-hour drive to Bryce Canyon, we'll take in all the beauty of the North American Southwest. Arriving at the park, we enjoy our first dramatic views from the rim. This chain of natural amphitheaters, formed by erosion, is brimming with thousands of brightly colored spires or "hoodoos" striped in red, orange and white, some standing more than 200 feet tall, all steeped in the mythology of the ancient Paiute people. We'll enjoy a bountiful picnic spread before hiking the pleasantly rolling Rim Trail from Fairyland Point to take in every angle of the Bryce Amphitheater as it spreads out below us. Next we'll descend into the depths of this natural wonder and walk among the famed skyscraper hoodoos. We'll take in views on the Navajo Loop, such as Thor's Hammer and the Two Bridges, before emerging from the park at Tropic Trailhead, where our Camp Host will meet us. A short drive takes us to Bryce Canyon Signature Camp. You'll be welcomed in style as you arrive to find everything in its place for your first night of camping perfection. All meals included from lunch on Day 1 to lunch on Day 3.
Hiking: 6 miles; Elevation gain 977’/loss: 1,855'. After walking along the rim, our hike gradually descends 1100', averaging about 320' loss per mile.
The smell of pinion pine and juniper mingled with fresh coffee and steaming hot breakfast begins a new day. Within an hour drive from our camp, Lower Calf Creek Falls is one of the gems of Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, a lesser-known but equally spectacular region of southern Utah. We hike three miles along a river, passing Native American pictographs and granaries as we explore deeper into the canyon. Enjoy a relaxing lunch and swim at the base of the incredible 126' waterfall. After refueling and refreshing, we’ll hike back through canyon country to our trailhead. Tonight, we'll enjoy a final relaxing evening in our Signature Camp, complete with a farewell dinner and celebration.
Hiking: 6 miles; Elevation gain/loss: 866'
After another incredible breakfast, we'll pack our lunches and set out (via van transfer) into the Park to the Sunset Trailhead to explore the famous Navajo Loop. We'll be able to experience the dramatic narrow slot through Wall Street, a classic and awe-inspiring hike that is not to be missed. To get up and out of the canyon we'll stroll the garden path, well, the Queens Garden path, with its bizarre and colorful formations. After one last walk along the rim we'll say our goodbyes to the hoodoos of Bryce Canyon and find a perfect spot for lunch before we begin our five-hour drive to Las Vegas, arriving between approximately 5pm and 6pm, local time. Please do not schedule a departing flight prior to 8pm.
Hiking: 2.9 miles Wall Street/Queens Garden; Elevation gain/loss: 800'