- Customers will save $100 on any new booking of a 2024 REI adventure travel trip in North America.
- Offer valid on 2024 REI adventure travel trips new bookings from 9/7/2023 until 9/29/2023. Must travel by 12/31/2024.
- Space is limited. Offer valid until trip capacity is reached.
- Offer is not transferable and not redeemable for cash.
- Offer may not be combined with any other discount or promotion.
- Pricing may vary by date. Discount applies to member base price only. Discount does not apply to any additional fees, extensions or services.
- 10% discount applies on top of REI member pricing. REI membership is required to receive additional discount.
- Not a member? Get a lifetime membership for a one-time fee of $30. www.rei.com/membership.
- REI adventure travel trips are not eligible for the REI Member Reward.
- To order by phone, call 1-800-622-2236 | Monday-Friday, 7am through 5pm PT.
Meet your guide and fellow travelers in Reno, Nevada this morning. From Reno we drive along the east side of the Sierra Nevada to Mono Lake, stopping for a picnic lunch at the Mono Lake Visitor Center. This afternoon we hike through the world-famous South Tufa Grove, wandering through otherworldly tufa towers and learning about Mono Lake’s unique million-year-old ecosystem. Arriving in Lee Vining late this afternoon, we check into our hotel rooms. Tonight we gather for a home-cooked dinner and orientation in our private group dining cabin. Lunch and dinner included.
Hiking: 1.5 miles, Elevation gain: 100'; Driving: 3 hours
We drive over Tioga Pass (9,943'), the highest highway pass in California. Arriving at Tuolumne Meadows in Yosemite National Park, we hike to Budd Lake. We follow a primitive trail through a high alpine meadow bursting with wildflowers and the crystal clear, bubbling waters of Budd Creek. Today’s hike takes place at 8,570' to 10,120' in elevation. All meals included.
Hiking: 9 miles; Elevation gain/loss: 1,900'
Departing the east side of the Sierra, we drive to Yosemite West. En route, we stop to explore a series of stunning mountain lakes. We begin our hike at just under 10,000' with a short and steep climb to a breathtaking view of nearby Mount Dana. Past the ascent, our trail becomes gradual and easy as we make our way to Middle Gaylor Lake and Upper Gaylor Lake. Along the trail we have sweeping views across Moraine Flat to the rugged mountains beyond. Reaching the top of the pass we are rewarded with awe-inspiring views of the granite peaks along the Sierra Crest. Our loop hike continues past Granite Lake, which sits below an impressive granite cirque. Today’s hike takes place at 9,950' to 10,861' in elevation. Our day concludes at our private lodge in Yosemite West. All meals included.
Hiking: 5 miles, Elevation gain/loss: 1,200'; Driving: 2 hours
We head to the Valley Floor to start our climb up to a renowned viewpoint. On our way up to the rim, we take in the giant fissures and vertical gashes in the granite mountain, and views of Yosemite Falls. Our final reward is the panoramic vistas from Glacier Point, which include Half Dome, Yosemite Valley, Merced River Canyon, Tenaya Canyon and beyond to the high country. Today’s hike takes place at 4,000' to 7,200' in elevation. Overnight at Yosemite West. All meals included.
Hiking: 9.6 miles, Elevation gain/loss: 3,200'
After a hearty breakfast we drive to Glacier Point to enjoy the view of Yosemite Valley from a different perspective than yesterday. We hike the Panorama Trail past Nevada Falls (594’) then work our way down the famous Mist Trail next to Vernal Falls (317’). When we reach the valley floor we board our van and return to our lodging at Yosemite West. Today’s hike takes place at 7,200’-4,000’ in elevation. All meals included.
Hiking: 8 miles; Elevation gain/loss: 700'/3,200'; Driving: 1.5 hours.
We load our luggage onto the support van and drive to one of Yosemite’s renowned groves of giant sequoia, typically Tuolumne or Merced Grove. Our hike takes place at 6,000’ in elevation, through these stands of magnificent trees that are thousands of years old. Following our hike we stop along the shoreline of Tenaya Lake for a picnic lunch. We expect to arrive at the Reno-Tahoe Airport late this afternoon. Breakfast and lunch included.
Hiking: 3 miles, Elevation gain/loss: 400'; Driving: 5 hours.