- Customers will save $100 on any new booking of a 2024 REI adventure travel trip in North America.
- Offer valid on 2024 REI adventure travel trips new bookings from 9/7/2023 until 9/29/2023. Must travel by 12/31/2024.
- Space is limited. Offer valid until trip capacity is reached.
- Offer is not transferable and not redeemable for cash.
- Offer may not be combined with any other discount or promotion.
- Pricing may vary by date. Discount applies to member base price only. Discount does not apply to any additional fees, extensions or services.
- 10% discount applies on top of REI member pricing. REI membership is required to receive additional discount.
- Not a member? Get a lifetime membership for a one-time fee of $30. www.rei.com/membership.
- REI adventure travel trips are not eligible for the REI Member Reward.
- To order by phone, call 1-800-622-2236 | Monday-Friday, 7am through 5pm PT.
Meet your guides and fellow traveling companions this morning in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. After introductions and a trip orientation we’ll hop aboard our provided shuttle for a quick transfer to our first trailhead. The Cucumber Gap Loop is a perfect introduction to the rich biodiversity, beauty, and history of the Great Smoky Mountains. This hike takes place along an old logging railroad that passes old homesteads and small waterfalls. Plenty of small stream crossings enliven our walk. At the end of the day, our friendly camp host welcomes us to Signature Camp where we enjoy a barbecue dinner around a roaring campfire. All meals included.
Hiking: 5.4 miles, Elevation gain/loss: +800'/-800'; Transfers: 1.5 hours
Today’s journey takes us past settler's homesteads and the remains of gigantic Chestnut trees before reaching picturesque Hen Wallow Falls. Surrounded by a lush forest of rhododendron, fern and towering hemlock our naturalist guides teach us about the unique characteristics which make this amazing area an International Biosphere Reserve. Using the forest as our classroom we’ll take time to learn which plants are edible and which are valued for their medicinal properties. Back at camp, we'll play games, enjoy great food and end the day roasting s’mores on the campfire. All meals included.
Hiking: 5 miles; 1,000' elevation gain and loss; Transfers: 1 hours
Our mission today is to explore a unique section of trails; home to the largest collection of human artifacts in the National Park system. Walk along a beautiful mountain stream through an old growth forest. Climb to one of the most picturesque mountain vistas with expansive views of breathtaking rock formations. Our celebration of this spectacular region continues as we head back for a tasty meal around a roaring campfire. We’ll spend our final evening together sharing stories and reflecting on our last few days of adventure. All meals included.
Hiking: 4.5-6 miles; 1,000-1,500’ elevation gain and loss; Transfers: 2 hours
Today our adventure takes us south through Great Smoky Mountain National park to the Nantahala Outdoor Center. The NOC is a mecca for outdoor adventure and located at the intersection of the Appalachian Trail and the Nantahala River. After three days of exploring on foot, we take to the air to experience the park from above. We race along dual zip lines and test our skills navigating the aerial challenge course before loading into whitewater rafts to enjoy a family friendly ride down the scenic Nantahala River. After rounding out our exploration of the Great Smoky Mountains by land, sky and water we make our way back to Gatlinburg. We expect to arrive back in Gatlinburg in the early evening. Breakfast and lunch included.
Multi-level aerial challenge course with 550-foot long zipline, Time: 2 hours; Whitewater Rafting: 8 miles, Time: 3 hours; Transfers: 4 hours